Страдательный залог в английском языке заставлял Вас страдать? Не позволим больше этому случиться! Просмотр нашего вебинара раз и навсегда прекратит страдания, а выполнение упражнений в описании расставит все залоги по полочкам. Начнём?
Не забудьте пройти упражнения в конце.
- Passive voice – пассивный залог
- Object – объект (тот, над кем совершают действие)
- Subject – субъект (тот, кто совершает действие)
- Emphasize – подчеркнуть, выделить
- Past Participle ( V3,ed) – третья форма глагола
Passive voice formula: the verb TO BE (in the appropriate tense) + past participle (of the main verb)
Here are some examples of passive voice used with different tenses.
- The present simple: Many things are produced in China
- The present continuous: My watch is being repaired at the moment
- The present perfect: The task has been carefully prepared
- The past simple: The webinar was prepared by the teacher
- The past continuous: The webinar was being prepared during some time
- The past perfect: The cake has been eaten before I came home
- The future tense: The exam will be passed successfully
- With modals (can be, would be, should be, may be, must be): The forms of the verb “TO BE” must be memorized
The passive voice is used:
- When we want to emphasize the action (the verb) and the object of a sentence rather than subject (doer).
Passive: Napa Valley is known for its excellent wines.
Active: [Many people] know Napa Valley for its excellent wines.
- When we don’t know who or what the subject is.
Passive: My laptop was stolen.
Active: Someone stole my laptop.
- For announcements, news and reports
Ten civilians were killed in the bomb explosion.
- Impersonal statement
The laptop was broken. (If you want to avoid saying “I broke the laptop”)
- Describing procedures
Passive: Chocolate is made of cocoa beans.
When we know who the subject is, we put it at the end with by. We call this an agent.
Passive: The Mona Lisa was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. (agent =Leonardo Da Vinci )
Active: Leonaro Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa
Practice NOW. Пройти упражнения здесь!